One of the most interesting parts of my job is the crazy stories I get to read. In fact, I read about so many crazy things, I thought I had seen it all. Well, that was until I heard about “Hiccupops”. I had been trying to figure out how to get rid of my hiccups and stumbled upon this crazy product. If you’re looking to figure out how to get rid of hiccups, Hiccupops are what you need. They are little lollipops that have some strange mixture of ingredients that actually trick your body into resetting your diaphragm. There’s a bunch of technical terms and junk but apparently they work!
The girl who invented them was only 14 when she came up with the recipe. She had been plagued with horrible hiccups and tried everything – drinking water upside down, gulping down pickle juice – yikes.
I’m looking forward to trying them (got myself a 5-pack). We will be reporting back with a full review of the product. The only hard part is going to be determining when that review will be. I tend to get pretty bad hiccups after dinner and drinks though, so it probably won’t be too long.
Before I stumbled on this lollipop, I (like the girl who invented these) had tried everything. Below are just a few of the hiccup remedies I had tried…
- Drinking a full glass of salted water.
- Drinking a glass of water upside down (very hard)
- Eating a teaspoon of sugar
- Inhaling as much as I could and holding my breath for 30 second, then releasing the air for 30 seconds (seemed to work sometimes)
- Getting my heart rate up by doing sprints or jumping jacks (same idea behind having someone scare you)
- Spinning in a circle (apparently the dizziness does something – didn’t work for me)
- Eating a teaspoon of salt (definitely does not work)
What weird hiccup cures have you tried?